You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Salaamun alaikum everyone.
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Salaamun alaikum everyone.

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Introduction   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Tanveer

Faith: Islam

blank.gif

Post subject: Salaamun alaikum everyone. Reply with quote  

Salaam (peace) all,

I am a truthseeker who discovered the true islam a couple of years ago when I actively started the process to understand Allah's true revelations in the Qur'aan. Before that, I had been following the sunni sectarian islam all my life. My native language is Urdu which has the same script as Arabic and because of that I could always recite the Qur'aan fluently without understanding most of it !

I used to blindly follow the flawed interpretations of the so called islamic scholars and their mistranslations of the Qur'aan and the unverifiable "hadeeth" of the Prophet Muhammad and what I learned from school and my parents and friends, instead of trying to find and understand the true meaning of Allah's revelations in the Qur'aan. I was, in other words, following what I had no knowledge of and not using my mind, reason and logic in the right way as Allah has commanded in 17:36, which was the reason of my misguidance. I was, however, always suspicious of certain things in the sectarian islam which never made any sense to me, including the contradictory hadeeth and the various contradictory sects, and used to question them. Somehow, by Allah's will, I discovered the free-minds.org forum about 2 1/2 years ago and have been actively reading the various articles there and participating in discussions on that forum. This has been invaluable in helping me discover the true islam and improve my understanding of Allah's true revelations, even though I do not agree with some interpretations on that website. It is better late than never and I thank Allah for eventually guiding me to the truth and the straight path.

I am always in search of the truth and look forward to having constructive discussions about the truth in this forum in an open and free manner and learning from others. Open discussion is invaluable in improving one's understanding of the Qur'aan and the Deen of Islam.

I have known brother Ahmed from the free-minds forum. Due to some personal reasons I was away from that forum for some time and when I came back, I was shocked and saddened to find that brother Ahmed had left that forum. I was hoping he would come back but when he continued to be absent I actively started lookin for him and thus found this forum and am glad to have found him again.

I have participated in discussions with brother Ahmed in the other forum and appreciate his knowledge of the Arabic language and his understanding of the Qur'aan, and have benefitted from it. Even though we have had some heated discussions and have differed on certain topics, we have always respected each other. I am indebted to brother Ahmed for helping me improve my understanding about certain Qur'aanic topics and have missed him on the other forum. I sincerely hope that he will reconsider his decision of leaving the other forum and will start contributing to it again by sharing his insights, comments, view points and understandings with the thousands of people that frequent the other forum.

I also look forward to enjoying my stay here on this forum and learning from others through constructive discussions about the truth from our Lord.

May Allah guide us all to the truth so we can submit to Him according to His will and follow the straight path.

Best regards,

Tanveer
Post Posted:
Sat 25 Nov, 2006 11:36 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Welcome to FI brother Tanveer

I'm really glad you joined FI man, it is a unique Islamic web site and I hope all of us will make much better

thanks for the nice words bro, and I'm sorry that my style when we discussed matters on FM was a bit rough, most members there always had me on the edge indeed, I'm really glad that I left FM, I'm actually a very kind man and can't hurt a chiken lol

i hope that we get into some heated discussions in here for the sake of the truth and when we get tired we can cool it down in the Arcade and beat the hell of each other Laughing

You shoould also feel free to say what you want, this is a free speech site mate

Take care and welcome again

Sat 25 Nov, 2006 11:54 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Tanveer

blank.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salaamun alaika brother Ahmed,

Thank you for the warm welcome. May Allah reward you for your efforts in spreading the message of the Qur'aan to everyone.
Post Posted:
Sun 26 Nov, 2006 12:04 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Capricorn

saudiarabia.gif

Post subject: Re: Reply with quote  

Welcome Brother Tanveer, nice to see you on FI.
Post Posted:
Sun 26 Nov, 2006 2:07 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website